(Read our blog post: Liu's Game: A Story of Game Financing in the Future)
Developing games is expensive. For example, an AAA game budget can be more than $100M.
As a result, the multifaceted risk of game financing has been faced by a relatively small number of individuals and companies. They consist of:
- Big publishers — Mostly only deal with established game developers and AAA games
- Incubators — Development hubs who provide small seed funding
- Traditional VC — May provide seed funding, however, unless they are specialized in games, are typically reluctant
- Funds/government support — Typically very competitive and limited amounts
Hoard provides the infrastructure that allows game developers to execute crowdfunding via token sales on the Hoard platform.
Our services consist of the following:
- Infrastructure: Hoard will provide smart contract code and the technology required for developers to effectively connect their game to the blockchain backend and develop tokens
- Advise on token structure: Advise on token economy and how to design a token model
- Legal and regulatory: Step-by-step guides on actions to be completed, facilitate the process of developing a legal framework, dealing with banks and regulators, introduction to the relevant parties (i.e. lawyers), document templates, KYC/AML, etc.
- Marketing and community: Provide advice on dealing with community, communications strategy, team structure and putting together a white paper
The Hoard ICO portal will provide visibility over ongoing crowdfunding projects and will act as a place where game developers and gamers meet.